Friday, August 29, 2008

Hercule Poirot: The ABC Murders by Agatha Christie

Year: 1936
Detective: Hercule Poirot
Location: In a country house

A serial killer is on the loose, murdering his victims in alphabetical order, leaving an ABC Railway Guide beside each body... and playing a dangerous game with Hercule Poirot. He alerts Poirot in advance of the locations of the murders, but Poirot always arrives too late. Intrigued by the psychopath’s mind and methodology Poirot, with the help of Hastings and Japp, travels the length and breadth of England - determined to track down this ruthless killer before he strikes again.

Wow!! A serial killer? Crazy!! those were my thoughts when I read the synopsis for this book. When I saw this Agatha Christie book on the shelf at my library I didn't even bother to read the synopsis; I just put it in my basket along with the other books I found and headed to the checkout machine. So, while listening to the opening chapter I decided to see what it was about. Serial Killers. Well, one serial killer to be exact. But as remarkable as the story was like Black Coffee (check Death in the Clouds Review) it didn't leave an impression.

No comments: