Saturday, August 30, 2008

Hercule Poirot: Hickory Dickory Dock by Agatha Christie

Year: 1955
Detective: Hercule Poirot
Location: London

An outbreak of kleptomania at a student hostel is not normally the sort of crime that arouses Hercule Poirot's interest. But when he sees the bizarre list of stolen and vandalized items - including a stethoscope, some old flannel trousers, a box of chocolates, a slashed rucksack and a diamond ring found in a bowl of a soup - he congratulates the warden, Mrs Hubbard, on a 'unique and beautiful problem'. And, reasons Poirot, if this is merely a petty thief at work, why is everyone at the hostel so frightened?

Ah!! I struck gold again. Hickory Dickory Dock was absolutely....fun. It was a bit confusing because I couldn't keep the names of the male characters straight. Who-was-who was completely lost to me. But I loved every second of this story. I baffles me how Mr. Poirot (pronounced: P-WAH-ROW) figures out his cases. he says it's through Psychology but it's crazy (the conclusions he comes up with). Moving back on track; Hickory Dickory Dock is an amazing story. you guys should check out her books (most of them) they are amazing.

No comments: