Saturday, April 20, 2013

The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson

Who is Jenna Fox?

Seventeen-year-old Jenna has been told that is her name.

She has just awoken from a coma, they tell her, and she is still recovering from a terrible accident in which she was involved a year ago.

But what happened before that?

Jenna doesn't remember her life.

Or does she? And are the memories really hers?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You've probably hear this before but this book will be so hard to review without spoiling it. It took me a while to write this review because I just couldn't figure out my feelings for this book. I came into this story like the mojority of people who read it not knowing what to expect. The cover was beautiful. The synopsis intriguing. So I dived in. At the end when the story ended I was disappointed.

I guess I wanted more from this story. More of what exaclty; I wasn't sure, but I had this feeling that the author was holding back. Maybe she was trying not to stand on a deffinite side of the conflict in this story. If that's the case I understand. If that isn't the case then...I am left very confused and a bit sad because I was really excited as I got into the story but turning the last page, closing the book, no feelings No excitement, no contentment. Nothing. Anyway, I gave it two stars on Goodreads because I didn't love or hate it.

PS: Looking over this review made me feel so embarassed. I sound so lost. But in the end that is how I felt and I guess I will have to live with it. Maybe one day during a period of enlightenment I will go back and read this story and I'll finally get what the majority sees in this book.

No comments: