Thursday, May 14, 2009

Airhead by Meg Cabot

EM WATTS IS GONE

Emerson Watts didn't even want to go to the new SoHo Stark Megastore grand opening. But someone needed to look out for her sister, Frida, whose crush, British heartthrob Gabriel Luna, would be singing and signing autographs there-along with the newly appointed Face of Stark, teen supermodel sensation Nikki Howard. How was Em to know that disaster would strike, changing her-and life as she'd known it-forever? One bizarre accident later, and Em Watts, always the tomboy, never the party princess, is no longer herself. Literally.Now getting her best friend, Christopher, to notice that she's actually a girl is the least of Em's problems. But what Em's pretty sure she'll never be able to accept might just turn out to be the one thing that's going to make her dream come true . . .

NIKKI HOWARD IS HERE TO STAY.

I've been neglecting to do something that I should have been doing in my previous posts. I listen to a lot of audio books. some digital, some taped, and some on CDs. But I haven't been mentioning them in my reviews. It's worth mentioning since almost half of these books I talk about are audio books. So from now on you'll be seeing a lot of audio book commentary.

Yay!! Meg Cabot is back on my list of faves. This book was original, fun and just like I remember MC's YA Books to be. I don't have anything really negative to say about this book. The only really annoying thing about this book was Gabriel Luna, Mr. British rock star. I find him to be a nuisance and an unnecessary plot device placed only to cause an uneeded conflict in the story-- as if Em/Nikki doesn't have other issues to deal with. As usual, I hesitate to go into a more in depth discussion of this story in order to avoid spoiling anyone who hasn't read Airhead yet. So I'll KIS (Keep It Simple) and say that this novel was a surprising joy to read after so many misses (even my mom liked it). I'm Really looking forward to reading the next book Being Nikki.

Oh! Almost fogot to mention the audio book aspect. It was good no complaints. Stina Nielsen did a good job.

No comments: