Sunday, December 12, 2010

Morganville Vampires Series by Rachel Caine

Welcome to Morganville, Texas. Just don't stay out after dark.

College freshman Claire Danvers has had enough of her nightmarish dorm situation, where the popular girls never let her forget just where she ranks in the school's social scene: somewhere less than zero.

When Claire heads off-campus, the imposing old house where she finds a room may not be much better. Her new roommates don't show many signs of life. But they'll have Claire's back when the town's deepest secrets come crawling out, hungry for fresh blood.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys; Season's Greetings! I hope the weather outside isn't too frightful! Uh, so, this series [The Morganville Vampires] is one of the series I've been reading behind the scenes. I'm actually up-to-date with all the books. I finished the latest in the series, Ghost Town and I wasn't disappointed. Rachel Caine is quickly climbing the list of my top favorite supernatural/horror authors. I love this series.


You know I have to give you the story behind our meeting; So here it is. I first encountered The Morganville Vamps series when I was in the Borders bookstore one day after finishing one of Tamora Pierce's Tales of Tortall books (I believe I was just starting Kel's story) when I came across the second book in the MV series Dead Girls Dance and went a little fan-girl crazy. Actually, now that I remember, That wasn't the first time I heard of the series it was our official introduction. The first time I heard of the series was when I was researching the different published teen series for TLC {back then it was CLC but that's another story for your history books}. Anywho, so we met (officially) that day and I filed the series mentally in my save-for-later pile. About two years after I was hunting for something new to read in my libraries online catalog and I discovered that they had the digital audio book on file to download. taking advantage of the opportunity I decided to download and read the first book Glass Houses. Needless to say I loved it.

We're back on track now so let's move on. Now, for some reason I keep comparing Morganville to House of Night. I know, i know they are parallels between the two series but I just find myself doing so. There's no criticism involved just whenever I think of HoN I Morganville comes to mind. Weird? Kinda? No?  Alright never mind.


Hears why I love the series. The characters; all flawed but all lovable even the some of the vamps. Plot; great, intriguing plot lines even when you think that the situation the synopsis described couldn't possibly be that dramatic it turns out to be just as good as the last book. Dialogue; really really good banter, witty comebacks and jokes that makes you guffaw then snort with laughter.


So for those of you still Sitting on the fence wondering if the series is worth reading please take my advise and go read about The Morganville Vampires.

No comments: