Monday, January 18, 2010

The Lonely Hearts Club


Penny is sick of boys and sick of dating. So she vows: no more. It's a personal choice. . .and, of course, soon everyone wants to know about it.

And a few other girls are inspired. A movement is born: The Lonely Hearts Club (named after the band from Sgt. Pepper). Penny is suddenly known for her nondating ways . . . which is too bad, because there's this certain boy she can't help but like. . .

This book was a learning experience for me, music wise. The Beatles was the musical soundtrack for this book and since I thought that I didn't know that many Beatles songs and because I figured that It'd be fun to have the songs mentioned in the book playing in the background while I read to get the literary atmosphere stirring with new ingredients in the mix. Enough about the music onto the book.

The Lonely Hearts Club is full of positive, non-preachy messages of unbiased female power and being a better girl-friend to your girl-friends. I love and respect this book because it cover some things I'm currently going through with my friends and my younger family members. Nothing negative to say all positive. the only thing left to say is check out this book. Also, try the musical soundtrack it isn't hard to find the music I used and when to play the songs.

No comments: