Thursday, August 6, 2009

Maximum Ride: Saving the World by James Patterson

The time has arrived for Max and her winged "flock" to face their ultimate enemy and discover their original purpose: to defeat the takeover of "Re-evolution"--a sinister experiment to re-engineer a select population into a scientifically superior master race...and to terminate the rest. Max, Fang, Iggy, Nudge, Gasman, and Angel have always worked together to defeat the forces working against them--but can they save the world when they are torn apart, living in hiding and captivity, halfway across the globe from one another?

Listening to this audio book was a treat. Valentina de Angelis' portrayal of Max and co. was definitely entertaining. It sort of
brought Max to life a bit for me. You see, even though I've been reading (and enjoying) the series Max's adventures were a bit surreal and I've had a slight problem connecting the series on that level Anyway, let us move on to this book's review. Like I mentioned before, I really enjoyed reading this book. This....chapter of Max's adventures was fun to read; a few conflicts were (in my opinion)a bit staged but it helped to move the story/series along. The series moves forward--after a two book rise to the literary climax of the series. A lot of issues were wrapped up in this book so neatly and efficiently that it was hard to imagine what would come next for the Flock. I have to say that I like James Patterson's (btw: who was on the pilot episode of Castle) style of writing. He uses short chapters (this book was 100+ chapters which were approximately 2.5 pages long) and to the point dialogue. I don't think I've ever seen before. However, I'm very certain that he is one of my favorite authors. I’m looking forward to the next installment.

No comments: