Saturday, July 25, 2009

Enola Holmes: The Case of the Left-Handed Lady by Nancy Springer

Enola Holmes is hiding from the world's most famous detective-her own brother, Sherlock Holmes. But when she discovers a hidden cache of bold, brilliant charcoal drawings, she can't help but venture out to find who drew them: young Lady Cecily, who has disappeared from her bedroom without a trace. Braving midnight streets where murderers roam, Enola must unravel the clues-a leaning ladder, a shifty-eyed sales clerk, political pamphlets-but in order to save Lady Cecily from a powerful villain, Enola risks revealing more than she should . . .

Another interesting tale by Nancy Springer. Again, I'll mention my ignorance about Sherlock Holmes, the Great Detective. But I'm learning a bit every time I read an Enola book. The Left-Handed Lady is another great story I found it very entertaining as mysteries go and most important I didn't see the outcome of the story at the end of chapter one. As for the narrator, Katherine Kellgren, I love her voices. Enola loves her disguises; so when she becomes someone new it's a treat hearing Ms. Kellgren's portrayal of said characters. Everything mentioned adds to the appeal of the Enola Holmes books; I cannot wait for the next one.

No comments: