Monday, August 11, 2008

Gilda Joyce: Psychic Investigator by Jennifer Allison

Ever since her father died, quirky Gilda Joyce has been working hard to sharpen her psychic skills. She’s determined to communicate with spirits from the Other Side and become a crack investigator of spooky, twisted mysteries. After wrangling an invitation to visit relatives in San Francisco, Gilda discovers that her dreary, tight-lipped uncle and his strange, delicate daughter need her help to uncover the terrible family secret that has a tortured ghost stalking their home. From poignant to hair-raising and hilarious, this is a behind-the-scenes, tell-all account of the very first case in the illustrious career of Gilda Joyce, Psychic Investigator.

I decided to read Gilda Joyce out of sheer curiosity and I have to say that I didn't really like it. I guess reason was predictability. I bsically guessed my way through the novel and I was right about what was to come 100% of the time. There were no twists and/or turns that I didn't foresee. And it got kind of boring. I wouldn't recommend it to hardcore mystery fans or any mystery fan who's read enough of thiese books to figure how the plot would turn out.

No comments: