Wednesday, June 11, 2008

My Favorite Fairy Tales

All this talk of fairy tales makes me want to share my childhood favorites with you.

Rumpelstiltzkin
The Goose-Girl
Little Wildrose
The Enchanted Wreath
The Princess Mayblossom
The Flower Queen's Daughter - This story reminds me especially of Melissa Marr's Wicked Lovely


There are others, of course, but those are trapped in the depths of my memories until the day comes to find them. These, on the other hand, I was very lucky to find. I had a set of 6 books with these fairy tales plus more. The sixth one was Aesop's Fables. These books were my prized possessions as a child and I was devastated when I lost them. I'm currently looking for those books but have yet to find them. In the mean time I have these stories to remind me of what I once had.

No comments: